Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pumpkin Cake

I made this tonight and it was yummy. I like an excuse to use my favorite cake pan. My tube cake pan. Does anyone else love to make tube cakes? I know PW loves to make sheet cakes. I like tube pans cause there is more cake and less frosting. I usually just make a glaze and pour it over. So easy. This recipe is from Molly's Strawberry Shortcake Holiday cookbook.

Angel Cake's Sweetly Spiced Pumpkin Cake

2 1/2 Cups Flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt

Mix the above in medium bowl. Then in your mixer bowl combine:

1 cup oil
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
3 eggs 1 tsp vanilla

beat until smooth and then add dry ingredients. Beat until smooth and then pour into a greased bundt (I use my two piece tube pan) pan and bake 60-75 minutes or until it tests done. You can pour a glaze over the top once it is cool and you put it on a plate. I made a glaze from 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 Tablespoons butter (softened) and about 3-4 Tablespoons of orange juice. You could use milk or cream if you don't like orange.

No comments: