Friday, February 6, 2009

rice pudding

I have an unnatural obsession with pudding.

I need a twelve step program.

Until I find it I will sit in the corner growling at anyone that comes near me while I am eating pudding.

So you will not have to risk me biting your hand as you reach for a serving of rice pudding at my house, I will share the recipe.


RICE PUDDING

1 cup water
1/2 cup rice
4 Tablespoons of butter
4 Cups of milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Cook rice in water until it is almost all absorbed. Add the milk, cover and simmer VERY gently for 1 hour. Stir it every 10 minutes or so. Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until smooth. When you take the pan off the heat stir in the egg mixture until well incorporated. Cover with Saran Wrap to avoid that creepy skin on top and refrigerate at least 6 hours.

See, it will be ready for breakfast. And much less sugary than Captain Crunch. It is practically a health food!

4 comments:

matutinal.mollusc said...

hey that's a great recipe! i'll try it tomorrow

Unknown said...

Oh I just LOVE Rice pudding...I am printing this recipe RIGHT NOW.

dlyn said...

Mmmm - that looks yummy.
And you need to hop over to my place cause ya won the giveway! :)

The Cape House said...

yum. I absolutely love rice pudding!