Monday, April 20, 2009

Carrot Muffins


We had leftover cooked carrots from Easter dinner and no one was going to eat them. Rather than waste them

I decided that I would play around with them and make muffins.

They turned out scrumptious. SO good, in fact that I may start making carrots that m=no one want s to eat for dinner more often!

Carrot Muffins

1 cup mashed cooked carrots

2 Tablespoons softened butter

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour

3/4 cup whole wheat flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon nutmeg

cream the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon. Add the carrots and then the eggs. Mix well. Add the white flour and then combine the rest of the dry ingredients together. Then add them to the wet being careful to not over mix it. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes. Yield: 14 muffins

I think it would be good to add some raisins that had been soaked in boiling water for a few minutes, but my family does not agree and I do not need to eat 14 muffins by myself!

Slather with LOTS of butter.

1 comment:

Laura McIntyre said...

Sounds yummy, i normally avoid any muffins with anything healthy in them as hubby will not touch them but am going to try some apple raisins one this week. Need to try the carrots ones to