Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Corn Chowder




I made this last week to use up the leftover ham from Easter. I hadn't made it in years and had forgotten how good it is. And how satisfying it is to have dinner completely ready at 9 am. How nice it would be to have everyday be so calm.

Corn Chowder

3 cups cubed ham

2 onions, diced

5 potatoes, diced (and peeled if you like)

3 stalks celery, sliced

2 chicken bouillon cubes

1 can corn, with liquid

1 large can evaporated milk

salt and pepper to taste

This is so easy. Throw all the vegetables, ham, and bouillon cubes in the slow cooker. Cover with water. (I used 4 1/2 cups)Cook all day on low, or half a day on high. About 1/2 an hour before you want to eat pour the milk in. I did not add any salt but a couple of the kids added salt to their bowls. I think this would be good with carrots, too. I could have added our extra carrots!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Mmmmm! Looks so yummy! I'll have to try to make it some time!

Ari_1965 said...

Sounds very good. Would I have to use a can of evaporated milk? Would fresh milk do instead?

Swampy said...

I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at that yummy dish.