Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter wasn't just string eggs

It was also real brown eggs that Adrian and Molly blew out for me. And some speckled plastic eggs from Michaels.











Yes, I went to Michaels. I have not been there in over 20 years. Crazy, huh? Have I mentioned that I live REALLY far away from stuff like that? But it is okay, I do not need to go to Michaels and buy stuff. I don't need to spend the money and I do not need more stuff.



I turned the flash on for these last two pictures. I have such a love hate relationship with my camera. Pictures without the flash are supposed to be better, but I hate when my house looks yellow and dingy. I am all about light. And windows. I would ever hang any drapes if my husband didn't insist.
He would like our entire house to be one giant basement. UGH!!!









Those little yarn nests were supposed to be yarn bowls. All of the kids made one for FHE one night. My 17 and 13 year old sons really appreciate all the crafting I rope them into doing. haha
But we did not have much success with the bowls. We needed way more glue and my yarn was synthetic, because that is what was in my closet. Cotton or worsted would have worked MUCH better or just a lot more glue. They are very fragile, not sturdy at all. So they became my Easter egg nests and I love them! The technique is basically the same as the string eggs. Just a larger balloon and glue instead of starch. A friend at the fabric store said she has made giant Easter eggs out of Punching balloons and yarn. She wrapped them tightly and then rolled them in sugar water.
Messy, but interesting. Maybe next year!

1 comment:

tiki_lady said...

hey, ok now to work on the yellow of your pics. make sure you have all the light possible available or bring whatever you want to a window and take the shot.

If that isn't possible, you can up your ISO instead of shooting at 100 you can shoot at 400 or 600.
Give that a try.

and then make sure that you are shooting on the lowest aperature setting that your lens has. 2.8, 1.8 some camera lenses only go as low as 5.6.

if you have the latter. I suggest buying the thrifty fifty. It is a lens that is a 50mm 1.8 or 2.8! It will be the best $100 bucks every spent! I promise. You will get some serious bokeh too. YOU know the blurred background that all the pros get!? yeah off of that cheap priceless lens.