Thursday, April 30, 2009

Everyday Cake

What is it that makes cake so special? Cookies, pies, brownies... they are all nice and I actually prefer them most of the time over cake.


But cake is, well, cake!

Weddings, birthdays, baby showers, they all are celebrated with cake.


CAKE=CELEBRATION

And what better to celebrate than Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Or even lowly Thursday!


I was reading Orangette and she had this Everyday Cake recipe. It is brilliant. It kind of had an eggy flavor. (3 eggs) We loved it.

And I had to make it because Adrian cracked an egg when he was removing them from the fridge to boil a few.

I had to make this cake. My husband left me no alternative.

He is a smart guy.

She made hers in a Springform but I opted for an Angel food pan. I also didn't have any white wheat ground and was too lazy to get the grinder out so I used Traditional (Hard Red) Wheat. Because of this I decreased the ratio. I used 1 1/2 cups of unbleached all purpose and just 1/2 cup of whole wheat.

It was divine.

I was good and only had one piece the day I made it. And then one piece the next day.




No comments: