Friday, April 17, 2009

A Good Day

I have had a great day. Not exactly sure what has made it great, but I feel compelled to let you all know about it. Really it was mundane, nothing that should be blog worthy, but here goes.

I cleaned out the linen closet in my bathroom. Now it has lots of open space since it had not been purged in a couple of years. I realized that I do not need to look at thrift stores for vintage sheets, i had some of my own and they are lovely. I would like to make grocery bags out of them.

I cooked a new recipe for lunch. Eggs Puffs. They had a slightly sweet, creamy richness to them. Remind me to post the recipe ;-)

I played Pandora all afternoon while I puttered around. I usually play Broadway tunes but today I picked Duran Duran. Wow. It was 80's heaven.( A place that I really needed to visit, I guess) Depeche Mode, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, it just went on and on. Fabulous.

I snagged several new blogs and am trying them out. You may or may not see me move sometime soon.

I gave Pebbles a bath. She is our last little Maltese and she seems to have moved inside to keep Bandit company. Not too much of a problem except that her favorite fragrance is poop. She rolls in it. YUCK. Bandit seems to dig it, though. haha

I sorted and ironed about 20 different bits of fabric I have pre-washed for several different projects that have stalled after fabric selection. I feel a total cleanup of the sewing corner of my bedroom coming on. That will let me get back to playing with fabric, which makes me so happy. And sometimes makes me cry.

Now the boys have left for an overnight Boy Scout activity and the girls and I are headed to Redbox to pick up Bedtime Stories and maybe some ice cream!

It's funny. Adrian was a Scoutmaster when we first got married for several years and I hated it. He was always gone when I needed him most. Bedtime with 4 kids under 4 years old was a trying time. Now I LOVE that he is Scoutmaster. Of course the difference is that he is with our boys and now it is all fun/no work being home alone with the girls. Like right now Lucy is making Oatmeal Scotchies to drop of for the boys. I had the idea earlier that it might be nice to make them something, and all I had to do was ask someone to do it.

I hope your day has been as enjoyable as mine.

No comments: