Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We have installed Net Nanny on the computers here at the house. And let me just start out by telling some of you, GOODBYE. I will miss you.


Net Nanny has banned some of my blogs.







That is okay, thought. I want to be careful in what I read and see on the Internet, so Net Nanny can help me to avoid the times when some of you get colorful with your language or topics. As long as your homepage is clean, I can visit, so I will be lurking when allowed.

I am really liking it. Today was a little awkward because I am trying to find a vintage pattern to sew Ella a Nancy Drew looking dress for her birthday and everytime i thought I had found something Net Nanny would stop me from going because of lingerie. Can you imagine sewing lingerie? I can't even imagine wearing it much less sewing it! Anyway, I think my best Net Nanny moment happened on Friday night.


My parents went to Chicago this week and as they came back through they stopped and had my 15 year old niece with them. She was on the computer and all of the sudden goes,

"Ummm, I am blocked..."


So I said, "Well, you must be trying to go somewhere that has inappropriate content, sorry."


And then Lane says, "But I was going to my own website!"


I have laughed about this for days.


So I am sure that her website probably was fine. Net Nanny is just very strict. I like it that way. She is my favorite Nanny!

7 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Go on then....tell us who it blocks!! ;)

Irish Coffeehouse said...

That actually is REALLY funny! lol

I'm glad you are enjoying your new Nanny. :)

Susiewearsthepants said...

I didn't know there was such a thing. I am afraid I am getting old. I can't keep up with you whipper snappers.

Anonymous said...

I think I might have to go get that for our computer. Now that summer is here, and we're gone alot while Poot is home, I'm sure it won't hurt. funny story.

Anonymous said...

pretty sure it's blocking me on my more colorful days! i'll be posting about my recent trip on my chickenbus blog with a g-rating for my grandpa to read along so come on over there!

tiki_lady said...

Net nanny? imagine the concept. My blog better be nanny approved. Even though it gets a R rating for using the word shoot, multiple times. It can't distinguish content. I got it for violence and not that it was a photography shoot. LOL

Unknown said...

Oh my heck....my curiosity is peaked! Have I been banned? I hope not.