Friday, December 14, 2007

Oh to be 9 again

Today I took Ella to the Rain Forest Cafe. Actually, her class went, but she and I drove down together. Buses are gross.

She oohed. She aahed. She thought it was the greatest thing ever that the hippo moved. She was amazed at the size of Opryland Hotel. She couldn't wait to see the giant mall.

Several times today I took a deep breathe and allowed myself to be 9 with her. To move at her pace and really enjoy EVERYTHING we saw.

We left at 8:00 this morning and did not get home until 9:15 tonight. For those 13+ hours I was not rushed. I was not cynical. I was not frustrated.

It was great. We had a great time together. I received about 100 hugs from her today. I wish I could figure out a way to let every day feel like today.


Okay, on a side note that is not sweet and touching. I did something not at all in keeping with my country life. I went to a Starbucks. It was my very first time. No, calm down people, I didn't drink coffee. Ella and I split a hot chocolate. I needed something to wash down the Excedrin so I could continue relaxing and being a happy 9 year old with her.

I paid $3 stinkin' bucks for a hot chocolate. It was my first and last time to go to Starbucks!

Oh, and I have been tagged but I am too tired tonight. I will post that tomorrow...

No comments: