Saturday, November 24, 2007

How has YOUR weekend been?

Yes, my blog is pink today. I feel pink and sassy. So watch out!

I had the greatest day yesterday. Wanna know what I did? Nothing. Not a single thing. I slept until 9:00. I didn't get dressed until 2:00. It was heavenly.

Now, I have had other days like this but yesterday was different. I actually felt like I had nothing to do. The house was clean. The food was cooked. (Thanksgiving is still oozing out of every corner of my refrigerator. Soon it will feel more like vomit...) I didn't have anywhere I had to go. Let me repeat that...I HAD NO WHERE TO GO!!! About once every 6 months I get a day with no where to go. And for the planets to align in such a way that I also have a clean house and food prepared, well, that just ain't gonna happen too often.

So today I feel like a million bucks. I was happily awake at 7:00 this morning. Molly came in to talk to me. And get warm. The heat pump is broken on our end of the house, but that is another story. We got up and I was glad to start cleaning, etc. I have swept and mopped. The kitchen looks spotless. I have cleaned the upper oven. Well, okay, the upper oven is cleaning itself, but I had to remove the rack and wipe out the grime that in big chunks. And I degreased and scrubbed the little window. And I have done several loads of laundry.

I am headed to the ironing board right now and am going to iron all of Adrian's shirts that are stacked on it. Then... I am going to wrap Christmas presents.

Yesiree, I am having a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend.

~Leave me a comment and let me know the best part of your holiday weekend~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well, mine has been about the same, but you know that don't you?

tiki_lady said...

Let's just say very stressful! remember I had my parents and mil all under one roof. (nuff said)