I have a crazy daughter. She is funny, reliable, smart. And crazy. I feel the need to brag on her for a minute before we all laugh at her, so here goes.
- Lucy was voted secretary of the 4H Honor Club this year.
- Lucy has been on the school honor roll all year.
- Lucy is Adrian's book keeper for his appraisal business. She keeps up with the checks when they come in, logging it all and making sure that he gets paid.
- Lucy is an excellent babysitter. She regularly stays with 2 autistic boys and does a great job, cleaning up and cooking for them, also.
- Lucy is thoughtful and organized. I can't tell you how many times she has cleaned the kitchen without being asked, just because she knows I am busy or sick.
That being said, I have to tell you a secret about Lucy. She dyes her hair. Well, not literally...but under that brown hair... Shh.. Lucy is BLOND! I know, you never knew this about her. She hides it well in public.
Now, I could spend a long time revealing many of her blond moments, but this morning she told us a story that is begging to be told. I tried to resist. No, story, leave me alone, I do not want to embarrass Lucy. I love my children and their happiness is my greatest joy. I do not enjoy telling silly stories about them! I argued. This story won.
This morning Lucy said, "Last night around midnight I got up and used the bathroom. Then I went into the pantry, got out some cereal and started to eat my breakfast. I looked at the clock and realized it was just midnight, not breakfast time yet. So I went back to bed."
I was laughing pretty good by the time she got done. It is light when she gets up now with the time change. I don't understand how you can make this mistake. She is just a little blond. But... I should have known better. She isn't a little blond. She is a lot blond.
She continued, "I always follow the same routine. I get up in the morning, go to the bathroom and then eat breakfast."
Okay, so that is why you did it at midnight last night?.?...
"I have started to always remember to look at the clock when I sit down to eat, since this has happened before."
?????????? Dumbfounded mom just stares at her. Then I burst out laughing. Apparently this nocturnal confusion is a common occurrence for our poor Lucy.
And, apparently, her blond roots shine brighter at night. We love you Ludy Lou!