Thursday, January 10, 2008

I have never had a post that I just randomly talked through...

I was dreading writing this post. That blog 365 sticker was staring me in the face and I thought: Why in the heck did I sign up for that?


But then when I got to my dashboard it said that this will be my one hundredth post! Can you believe it? This time has flown by.


So today I did something I don't normally do. I did William's laundry and cleaned up some of his room. It was very fun. You know how it is way more fun to clean someone else's house? That was how his room felt. I am hardly ever even in it, much less clean it. I had everything torn out of his dresser and the sheets off his bed this morning. Then William called home. He was sick and wanted to come home. What are the chances? I went and got him. He came home, laid on the couch and slept until about 5:00. Then he ate a slice of pizza and laid back down and went to sleep again. He said his head was killing him. I woke him up about 9 and told him his room was ready. I sure hope he notices how nicely made his bed is. I didn't even get my bed made today! He isn't going to notice, is he? Okay, I did it for me. I know his room is clean. I know he appreciates it. It is not like he has time to do anything right now. Basketball is a making his life really hectic. It is a good hectic. I think it is a positive experience for him.
Here is a picture of William. He doesn't like his picture taken. I don't either, so I understand. But I caught him in a moment of glee. He was taking a stack of movies at my parents house and loading them onto his Ipod that he had gotten that morning.

okay. time for a new random thought:
I am still waiting to feel like I am back into he swing of things. I obviously have not made it since I am up and blogging this late. I am not even tired! Maybe next week will feel different.
and yet another:
Oh, I made the tastiest thing. Chrys posted these Gooey Butter Cakes on her blog. HOLY COW. They are so tasty. So, just throw your resolutions out the window and bake a batch of these. Your family will thank you!

7 comments:

gretchen said...

ok you talked me into it. I will go clean their rooms. I hope this makes me feel better. I am just glad I have time to clean their rooms right now!

I was nice to you on your b-day remember.....Remember....

Alison said...

this is too funny...I was just sitting down to do some blog visiting before going to clean my son's room!!

Cynthia said...

Wow, that is the last time you will catch me in that pose mom.
-William

tiki_lady said...

Well, I guess it was clean a mania across the blog world. I did some major deep spring cleaning too!

Anonymous said...

I hate cleaning my kids room and there 2 and 1 , no idea how it would be in the teenage years. Good luck on blog 365

Jill said...

you are doing just fine with posting. go you! teens dont always appreciate it, once they are on their own they will, though...

tiki_lady said...

Cynthia, I do not get the 365 blog badge thing. I clicked on it and what is it about?