Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Is it Sunday again already? I am so behind on my life. That could be the whole summary this week.

1. Cynthia didn't get a dang thing done again this week.

Okay, I did get stuff done but I am not sure if I have moved two steps ahead or 762 backwards. I did get the sewing machine carried in from the back of teh Suburban. I took it to the repair shop about 4 weeks ago. So I am that much closer to getting William's patches sewn on his new Scout shirt that he got for Christmas. That is really kind of pitiful. Let me tryand raise my self esteem by listing some things that we did this week that really are worhtwhile.

1. Ella played in 2 winning games. next game Monday. When they lose the season is over. Will they go all the way?
2. We watched Mr. Smith Goes To Washington tonight. It was as great as I remember. Patriotic, romantic, funny, poignant. Harrison mocked my movie choice the whole time we were watching. That kid wouldn't know a good movie if it hit him over the head with a lightsabre!
3. Lucy and Rachel went horse back riding today. They have been on a horse before but not actually on a ride. One hour trail ride. THey said it was great fun.
4. We have been passing around several nasty viruses this week. It actually started last week, but it was so much fun to have sore throats or headaches or diarrhea or vomiting that we decided to keep them this week. Maybe next week we will all feel better.
5. we ended the dreaded diet today. Yes, we made it from Monday all the way until Saturday morning. We both lost 9 pounds and hope to find it again very soon. We are sorry if it has come for a visit at your house, I am sure we will claim it again in the near future.
6. We upgraded our Netflix account. Riveting information, I know.
7. I purchased the fabric to make the apron for the Sassy Apron Swap. This caused a Friday morning panic attack. A few weeks ago we were in a town 50 miles away. This is the closest town to us that has a store besides Wal-Mart. I do not go to this town very often since it is 50 miles away. One way. It would be an all day adventure and would cost some serious cash in gas money. So while in this town I went to HobbyLobby to look at fabric for the apron. After looking at about the 10th good fabric choice my head started to hurt and the fabrics began to all look the same. So I decided to just use a few solid colors and put pretty embelishments on it. Some cute ribbon, buttons, rickrack, etc. So I decide to purchase this at my local Wal-Mart since the prices were lower than Hobby Lobby.

Fast forward to yesterday morning. i drop the kids at school and head to Wal-Mart. I walk to the very opposite back corner of teh store and am greeted with 3 racks of fabric. And a very large empty area. Sort of a void that really was screaming, "FILL ME!" So I ask the nice lady, "umm ma'am? Where are the 5 other racks of fabric. Especially the one that is covered with seasonal fabric. i.e. SPRING FABRIC?" she said, "Sold it all." This is going to take too many quotes like this so I will cut to the chase. THey are closing the fabric dept. Yep. I will know have to travel 50 miles one way to get a yard of fabric. It will be cheaper for me to shop an etsy shop now. I finally found 5 fabrics that were springy. 5! They had no solid fabric left. I got two yards of one and a yard of another. I have been freaking out about this anyway and the fabric nightmare has not helped.

No comments: